AFCU Songwriters Summit Jingle Contest
America First Credit Union is looking for Utah’s next big Songwriter!
Have you written a song or a jingle that you know will be a hit you just need someone to hear it? America First Credit Union wants to reward you for your creativity by hosting a jingle contest as part of the Songwriters Summit on March 22nd at The Depot.
Submit your song or jingle below that best represents America First Credit Union and their commitment to the community. You could win awesome prizes!! Your jingle needs to be between :05 and :60 seconds long, smaller then 5MB, and in an MP3 format to be entered below. Your jingle could have lyrics or be totally instrumental. It’s all up to you and your creativity!
Experts from our local Songwriting community will be listening to your submission and one lucky song or jingle will win:
- $1,000 VISA gift card from America First Credit Union and possible use in future marketing and advertising campaigns,
- One year Tuition Waiver from Salt Lake Community College Center for Arts and Media, South City Campus, valued for the 20 14-2015 academic year valued at $ $ 3,342 (excluding textbooks & fees).
- Professional recording session with Midnight Records Productions, valued at $750
……And bragging rights!
America First Jingle Contest
GENERAL CONTEST RULES
1. Contest Dates/Eligibility. KSL Broadcast Group (the "Station") may change the dates and/or the terms of the Contest without prior notice. KSL Broadcast Group (the "Station") and America First Credit Union ("Sponsor"), Salt Lake Community College ("Sponsor") and Midnight Records ("Sponsor") are Co-Sponsors in the America First Jingle Contest. Any material changes will be posted on the Station page at www.fm100.com or at www.1035theArrow.com (the "Site"). The Contest is open to all legal U.S. residents ("Contestant"), of the United States eighteen (18) years of age and older at the time of entry residing within the State of Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, or Nevada. Persons who have won a prize (cash, services, merchandise) from a Station contest or station event in the last 90 days are not eligible to participate. No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase a contestant's chance of winning. The Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees or agents of the Station, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliated entities, or entity associated with the sponsorship or administration of the Contest (collectively, the "Sponsors"), as well as members of the same household of any such employee or agent, are ineligible to participate. These restrictions also apply to immediate household members of contest or prize winners. The phrase "members of the same household" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents and grandchildren, whether as in-laws or by current or past marriages, remarriages, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household, whether or not related. No more than one (1) winner per household per calendar year.
2. How to Enter. America First Credit Union Jingle Contest starts at 8:00 a.m. on February 28, 2014 and ends on April 6, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. Contestants must submit a minimum :05 and may not exceed :60 jingle that may contain lyrics and/or just be instrumental audio that appropriately represents the business of America First Credit Union. Contestant must submit their jingle through the online entry form located at www.fm100.com or at www.1035theArrow.com . America First Credit Union may use the submissions in their advertising or promotion campaigns without the express or implied consent of the Contestants. All submissions become the property of America First Credit Union without any royalties due to the Contestant. Contestants waive their intellectual property rights by their submission and entry to this contest. America First Credit Union may or may not use the Contestants jingle for their promotion or advertising campaigns.
3. Selection of Winner. America First Credit Union will select the winner on April 30, 2014 by 5:00 p.m. Contest Sponsor will attempt to contact the winner from the contact information provided on the entry form or contact information provided by Contestant. If the Contest Sponsor is unable to contact a winner by 5:00 p.m. on April 30, 2014 the closing date of the Contest, the Contest Sponsor may discard the entry and select an alternate entry. Station and Sponsors, will select the award winning Jingle that may or may not be used America First Credit Union. Contestants waive any royalties and intellectual property rights by entering this contest and by their submission of their jingle as entry into this Contest.
4. Prizes. One Grand Prize winner of the America First Jingle Contest will win (1) $1000 Visa Gift Card from America First Credit Union; (2) a tuition waiver valued at $3,342.00 (excluding textbooks & fees) and a (3) recording session with Midnight Records Productions including 12 hours of free studio time for a maximum (3) three song demo including recording, mixing and mastering services. The Salt Lake Community College tuition waiver is for the 2014-2015 academic year. If the Grand Prize winner fails to use the tuition waiver for the 2014-2015 academic year the prize is forfeited. Winner must meet all college admission and attendance requirements. Prize is for the value of Utah resident tuition. If the prize winner is not a Utah resident, the value of the prize may be applied against non-resident tuition. Prize is non-transferrable.
All sales, prize and other taxes, gratuities and any other incidentals associated with the prize are the sole responsibility of the prizewinner. Prizes do not include airport transportation or rental car, travel insurance, hotel room service, gratuity, parking fees, laundry service, meals, merchandise or souvenirs, local or long distance telephone calls, service charges, taxes or any other cost or expense not expressly stated. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and may not be substituted, except by sponsors for reasons of unavailability. In which case, a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded. The Station assumes no responsibility or liability for damages loss or injury resulting from acceptance or use of the prize. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component of a prize with a prize or component of comparable value should the original prize or component be unavailable, regardless of reason. The Station, in its sole discretion, may award prizes to entries received by alternate means. Decisions of the Station/Judges are final. Winner must produce identification satisfactory to the Contest Sponsor prior to being awarded Prizes.
5. Conditions/Restrictions. By entering the contest participant agrees to strictly adhere to the applicable Contest rules and understands that the Contestant is subject to disqualification for non-compliance with the rules. In exchange for the right to participate in the Contest, each contestant agrees to release and indemnify the Sponsor(s), the Station, and its officers, directors, agents, parent companies, subsidiaries and employees (the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands and/or causes of action of any nature or kind whatsoever, whether presently known or unknown, foreseen or unforeseen, that arise out of the participant's participation in the Contest. Any violation of these rules will result in disqualification. Anyone using fraudulent means to participate in and/or win the Contest will be subject to disqualification. The Sponsors are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone or other transmission failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, regardless of cause. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend a promotion, game or contest should a virus, bug, computer or other problem beyond the control of the Station corrupt the administration, security or proper execution of any Internet promotion, game or contest, or the Internet portion of any promotion, game or contest. In all contests publicized on KSL's Facebook page you must be a member of Facebook to view the Facebook page.
7. Taxes. The winner will receive and be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099-Misc. from Contest Sponsor and will be responsible to pay all taxes associated with the winnings.
8. Representations and Warranties. By submitting a contest entry, Contestant represents, warrants, acknowledges and agrees that Contestant: (i) has read and meets the eligibility requirements; (ii) has submitted viable Contestant contact information; (iii) understands that if any of the information submitted is false or incomplete, it will void the Contestant's entry to the Contest; and Contestant (iv) agrees to be bound by these Official Contest Rules.
9. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
10. Rules. Copies of these rules are free and available at the Site, at the studios of the Station, Broadcast House, 55 North 300 West, P.O. Box 1160, Salt Lake City, Utah 84110-1160, during regular business hours or by sending a request, along with a self-addressed stamped envelope, to the Station at this address. The Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without any resulting responsibility or liability, to cancel, modify or suspend this Contest or to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason. All changes to contest rules will be posted at www.fm100.com or at www.1035theArrow.com.